Philanthropy New York organizes and supports a variety of local issue-focused working groups and helps members connect to groups meeting independently of PNY. In addition to providing valuable professional connections, these groups enable members to pool resources, develop initiatives and programs and draw on the collective expertise to work on common interests.
- AGING: New York City Aging Funders Network
- ARTS: New York Grantmakers in the Arts*
- CENSUS 2020: Census 2020 Working Group
- EDUCATION: Education Working Group
- FOOD: Community Food Funders *
- GENDER JUSTICE: Funders for Gender Equity
- HEALTH: Health Working Group
- JUSTICE REFORM: Justice Reform Working Group, New York Juvenile Justice Initiative *
- VISION: New York City Vision Funders Network *
- WORKFORCE: New York City Workforce Funders *
- YOUTH: NYC Youth Funders *, New York Foster Youth Funders Group *
(* Colleague networks/groups managed independently of PNY.)
Find national networks and affinity groups by funding area.
PNY also manages several professional peer networks. Network meetings are usually held quarterly at our office or a host foundation so participants can share advice and offer support — in a safe setting — on topics and issues that cover the full scope of their professional work. Peer networks also help members stay connected to each other and abreast of current issues that relate to their work.
Professional Interest Peer Networks:
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT STAFF: Philanthropic Assistants & Coordinators Network (PACNET)
- COMMUNICATIONS: ComNetworkNY (in partnership with Communications Network)
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Foundation Financial Managers Group
- HR & OPERATIONS: Foundation Administrators Network
- INTERNATIONAL FUNDERS: International Grantmakers Network
- LEGAL: Foundation Lawyers Network
- VOLUNTEERISM: Service for Impact (in partnership with CECP)
- YOUNG PROFESSIONALS: Young Leaders Breakfast Club
Find national networks and affinity groups by professional interest area.