Philanthropy New York champions effective grant making by building a vibrant philanthropic ecosystem that strives to advance meaningful social change. Through our work, members:
- Convene and collaborate as a community - We bring together philanthropic professionals to share across issues and across professional roles. Practitioners have a place to build collaborative efforts, share practices and learn from peers.
- Share knowledge, skills and transformative practices - We design robust programming and professional and leadership development that equips our members to understand and adapt to shifting norms and emerging trends in the field. Our programs help members cultivate key skills and implement practice models that fit their unique needs.
- Amplify the voice of the philanthropic field - We amplify our members’ knowledge, experience and perspective about the social sector to inform, influence and strengthen public policy.
What We Believe
PNY fosters an interdependent community that respects diverse voices, contributions and participation. We are a community that learns from each other and actively contributes to one another's learning. We believe that our missions are best achieved by leveraging our collective strengths.
PNY believes philanthropic leadership is nurtured through community and in relationship with others. We break down barriers and provide pathways for individual members, member institutions, and PNY to exercise influence and become agents of change.
PNY embraces learning as an exploration of different perspectives, inclusive of a full range of expertise and experience. We test assumptions and challenge the sector's conventional wisdom in order to adapt and evolve practice over time.
PNY embeds equity in all of our work. We acknowledge that institutional philanthropy stems from systems rooted in inequity. We have both the opportunity and responsibility to engage the sector's power and privilege to dismantle these systems.
What We Don’t Do
- We don’t tell foundations how to make their grants. Although our members actively collaborate with each other, each of them makes their own policies and decisions.
- We don’t connect grantseekers and foundations.
- We don’t offer advice on how to ask foundations for funding.
Our members are the heart of the organization. If you are interested in joining this vibrant learning community, contact us for more information at 212-714-0699 or email@example.com.