Philanthropy New York
Council of New Jersey Grantmakers (CNJG)
Several years ago, Philanthropy New York and the Council of New Jersey Grantmakers (CNJG) spearheaded a project to develop common application and report forms to help streamline the grant application process and ease the often time-consuming grant preparation process. The four-page application format includes directions for use, a sample cover sheet, and the common grant proposal guidelines.
Important notes when using the common application:
- Funding area guidelines still apply. Research each organization’s funding areas to be sure your proposal fits within their guidelines before submitting your application.
- Any funder that has agreed to accept this application may request additional information at any stage in their application process.
- Every funder has different deadlines and timetables. Refer to each organization's funding guidelines.
- Do not return the application to Philanthropy New York. Submit your application directly to the organization from which you are requesting support.
- Questions should be directed to the organization from which you are requesting support.