Philanthropy New York and the Council of New Jersey Grantmakers (CNJG) spearheaded a project to develop common application and report forms to help streamline the grant application process and ease the often time-consuming grant preparation process.
The four-page application format includes directions for use, a sample cover sheet, and the common grant proposal guidelines.
Important notes when using the common application:
- Funding area guidelines still apply. Research each organization’s funding areas to be sure your proposal fits within their guidelines before submitting your application.
- Any funder that has agreed to accept this application may
- request additional information at any stage in their application process.
- Every funder has different deadlines and timetables. Refer to each organization's funding guidelines.
- Do not return the application to Philanthropy New York. Submit your application directly to the organization from which you are requesting support.
- Questions should be directed to the organization from which you are requesting support.
Note: You must have Adobe Reader to view the Common Application. Download the latest version.
Funders Accepting the Common Application
The following funders accept the NY/NJ Area Common Application Form. If an organization you are requesting support from is not listed, be sure to ask; they may be currently changing their guidelines to accept the form.
Before sending an application to any of the funders listed, be sure to check their specific funding guidelines and application requirements. Some funders require preliminary, additional, or supplementary information.
Do not submit your application to Philanthropy New York; submit to the organization from which you are requesting support.
If your organization is not accurately represented on the list below, please let us know. You many contact Kristen Ruff at firstname.lastname@example.org.