Philanthropy New York is a community of funders that learns from each other and actively contributes to one another’s learning. Philanthropy New York’s programs serve a strategic purpose to convene and connect funders, to seed critical conversations, and to build our members’ capacities in their roles and in their work in the field.
As a convener and connector, Philanthropy New York is guided by our core values of fostering an interdependent community that embraces learning, nurtures leadership, and centers equity in our work:
Community (members convene and collaborate)
- We bring together philanthropic professionals to share across issues and across professional roles. Members have a place to build collaborative efforts, share practices, and learn from peers.
- We cultivate a community learning culture that invites different ways of knowing and embraces a wide range of expertise and experience.
Learning (members share knowledge, skills, and transformative practices)
- We design robust programming and professional and leadership development that equips members to understand and adapt to shifting norms and emerging trends in the field.
- Our programs help members cultivate key skills and implement practice models that fit their unique needs.
Leadership (members amplify the voice of the philanthropic field)
- We catalyze collaboration to leverage the power of our members’ collective voice.
- By championing the opinions of the philanthropic field, we help our members strengthen their advocacy skills.
Equity (members explore and build capacity to leverage their role to advance equity)
- We prioritize programming that helps funders address root causes of inequity through their philanthropic practices and programming that helps members operationalize equity commitments internally.
- We use racial equity choice points across programming development and design to craft convening and learning spaces that reduce bias, discrimination, and inequity.
Philanthropy New York works to ensure our offerings both serve and represent the broad range of philanthropic organizations and viewpoints within our community. In addition to collaborating with members, we also partner across the field with national philanthropic organizations and are part of a rich ecosystem and interdependent community.
In addition to engaging in programming, we encourage members to become a part of an active learning community by contributing their experiences and their curiosities to shape the sector. Learn about the many roles you can play and how to get involved.
See What you need to know before you go for info about fees, registration procedures, cancellation policies, and directions to our offices.
You can search our online library of materials from experts and colleagues across the sector.
Missed a program? Check out our recorded programs.
New to philanthropy? Get started with Philanthropy 101 (launches every Fall) or Essential Skills and Strategies for Program Officers (launches every Winter), part of our perennial PNY Core series of programs.
Looking for more leadership development? Check out the additional intensive cohort programs we offer.