Since 1979, Philanthropy New York has worked to enhance the ability of philanthropic organizations and individual donors in the New York region to serve the public good.
Our membership comprises 280+ grantmaking organizations — the world’s leading private, corporate, family and public foundations. Collectively, they provide $6 billion in annual support to thousands of nonprofits and NGOs located in New York, the U.S. and around the world.
Philanthropy New York:
- Supports meaningful collaboration and knowledge-sharing among funders and their grantee organizations;
- Promotes effective, strategic philanthropy through programs, services, and resources;
- Connects foundation leaders with key policymakers;
- Informs and advances public policies that support effective philanthropy and a productive nonprofit sector;
- Fosters effective communications about the value of philanthropy and the philanthropic sector to the larger community; and
- Develops a diverse and capable group of future philanthropic leaders.
Learn more about how PNY supports effective philanthropy in our region through our annual reports.