What Do I Need to Know Before I Attend a PNY Program?
Who May Attend & Fees
Philanthropy New York programs are open to members and other funders. Exceptions are noted in the program description.
Programs are offered free-of-charge for members. Sometimes PNY co-sponsors programs with other partners who charge a registration fee. We receive no income from those programs and also try to arrange for a discount for members who want to attend.
How to Register
To register for a program or event:
- Log in using your email address and password. If you have not set up a password on our site, use the "Forgot Password" page to set your password. If your email address is not found, create an account.
- Once you have logged in, visit the event page and click on the “Register” link.
- Once you add the event to your cart, you may checkout to complete your registration or go back to the calendar to add more registrations to your cart.
- In your cart, you may increase the quantity field if you are registering more than one person for an event.
- On the Checkout page, indicate who is attending for each of the registrations you've added to your cart. You may register yourself or colleagues from your organization.
- Certain events will ask for additional information, such as your intention to attend in person or via livestream or if you are bringing guests to our documentary film series.
How to Cancel
Space at our programs is limited; if you let us know that you cannot attend, that frees a seat for someone else.
To cancel your own registration:
- Log in with your email address and password and click on My Account.
- Click on the Registrations tab and then click Cancel next to the registration(s) you wish to cancel.
To cancel registration for a colleague: Please call 212.714.0699 ext. 225 or email email@example.com.
Refunds will only be issued if you cancel by noon on the business day before the program. If you do not attend an event and do not cancel in advance, no refund will be issued.
We will notify each registrant by close of business on the day preceding a program if it will be cancelled due to inclement weather. We will also include a cancellation note on the event page.
This policy is only in effect during the winter months (late-November through March).
How to Get Here
The majority of our programs take place at Philanthropy New York, but some occasionally are held elsewhere in New York City.
Philanthropy New York is located on the 7th floor of 1500 Broadway at 43rd Street in New York City. Transportation options.
Disclaimer/Non-Solicitation Policy/Openness Scales
Our programming is meant to foster a free and open exchange of ideas. In keeping with that purpose, please keep the following in mind:
- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Philanthropy New York.
- All program participants are asked to refrain from soliciting funds, business or job opportunities at our events.
- All program related materials are provided for information purposes only and may not be used without permission.
- Attendee contact information may not be added to mailing lists or used for the purposes of solicitation.
- We have specific guidelines related to social media and openness at our programs and events. Please refer to these guidelines for more information.