This program is a part of our five-module Philanthropy 101 from our PNY Core Curriculum.
Once you register for Philanthropy 101: Speaking the Same Language, you will automatically be registered for the remaining modules:
- September 18 - Speaking the Same Language
- October 23 - So You're Working for a Foundation... Power and Your New Community
- November 13 - Foundation Governance and Legal Issues
- November 20 - Fundamentals of Grantmaking
- December 11 - The Great Debates in Philanthropy
The Great Debates in Philanthropy
Join Philanthropy New York as we pit seasoned philanthropists, one-on-one, in robust debates around the philanthropic topics of the century. From general operating grants vs. restricted grants, to debate on the increase of foundation minumum payout, be ready to take a side!
Upon completing this module, participants will be able to:
- Identify the current big issues in philanthropy
- Describe support and opposition to an increase on foundation minimum payout
- Describe support and opposition to a participatory grantmaking strategy
- Describe support and opposition to granting general operating grants versus restricted grants
- Doug Bauer, Executive Director, The Clark Foundation
- Rini Banerjee, President, Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation
- Ronna Brown (Moderator), President, Philanthropy New York
Anyone who has joined the philanthropic sector within the last 12-18 months; open to the entire range of disciplines with the field, e.g., Assistant to the President, Program Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Human Services Director, Trustee, among others. This is a cohort-based program. The five modules will build on each other, and participants are expected to commit to attending all five. What to expect: presentation blended with breakout discussions.
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Program
Registration is required by September 17th. Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and go to the Philanthropy 101: Speaking the Same Language page. (no fee)
** Please note that we are offering the Philanthropy 101 Series virtually in 2020. Foundations outside the New York metropolitan area can take advantage of the 2020 virtual series for a fee. For more information, please email email@example.com.**
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.