- November 6 – Legal Series - Within the Law and Outside the Box (Series Launch)
- January 30 – Legal Series - Self-Dealing (Family Foundations & Family Offices)
- February 26 - Legal Series - International Grantmaking
- March 25 – Legal Series - Fiscal Sponsorships - Best Practices and Common Pitfalls
- Stay tuned for more to follow!
Do you understand the options that are available to you when making grants to organizations around the world? Do you know what questions to ask, programmatically, operationally, and legally in order to make grants to support change internationally?
Learn how to navigate the legal and programmatic issues in making grants outside the United States. The presenters will include associate head of grants management and associate general counsel of a private foundation that has an extensive international grantmaking program.
- How to structure grants to non-U.S. entities and individuals outside of the United States
- How to comply with the expenditure responsibility rules for grants to non-U.S. entities
- Key compliance and risk management considerations relating to international grants
- Jennifer Kwong, Associate General Counsel, Open Society Foundations
- Jennifer Paulk, Associate Director, Grants Management, Open Society Foundations
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by February 25th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Create an account or log in above and click the Register Now link. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.