The PNY Core: Legal Series provides an overview of the legal and regulatory boundaries in a number of key legal topics. The series launches with this high-level overview of the legal dos and don'ts across your day-to-day philanthropic work. Come learn about the wide range of activities both within and beyond grantmaking that could help your foundation advance its mission.
Fiscal sponsorship has emerged as an effective and efficient vehicle for incubating new nonprofits, seeding social movements, and delivering public services. Fiscal sponsorship is now widely used to facilitate flexible and immediate philanthropic responses to support a range of charitable missions –from arts education to environmental activism to international aid. Over the years, corporate, foundation, and individual donors have all partnered with fiscal sponsor organizations to create and fund projects, develop new grantmaking programs, and build funding collaboratives.
Come hear from a panel of experts with wide-ranging experience in organizing and managing fiscal sponsorships as they discuss the ins and outs, legal do’s and don’ts, and best practices, and learn how fiscal sponsorship may be able to help you maximize your ability to support creative and important projects.
Who should attend?
All interested funders, regardless of role at your foundation. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
What will you learn?
- What fiscal sponsorship encompasses
- How to practice fiscal sponsorships legally
- Best practices in fiscal sponsorships – compliance, record-keeping, decision-making
- Transitioning projects or spinning off
- Opportunities and risks
- Ahsaki Benion, Senior Nonprofit Tax Counsel, Arabella Advisors
- Kathryn O'Neal-Dunham, CEO, Philanthropy New York
- Hilda Polanco (Moderator), Managing Partner, BDO FMA
What else should I know?
If you’re interested in this session, you might be interested in one or more of the following in the PNY Core: Legal Series:
- November 3, 2021 - Within the Law and Outside the Box
- January 26, 2022 - Best Practices in International Grantmaking
- February 3, 2022 - Self-Dealing (Family Foundations & Family Offices)
- April 7, 2022 - Making Grants to Individuals
- July 14, 2022 - Fiscal Sponsorships - Best Practices and Common Pitfalls
How do I sign up?
Members: Please log in and click the Register Now link above (no fee).
Registration is required by July 14th.
Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to each session.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for further information on this program or on eligibility.