At Philanthropy New York’s Annual Meeting each spring, the membership votes on the election of new board members. That vote is the end of a process that actually starts now – when we seek nominations for candidates to serve on our Board of Directors who will strengthen Philanthropy New York’s work to build a vibrant philanthropic ecosystem that advances meaningful social change. Over the years, board members’ representation of our member institutions and diverse lived experience have enabled PNY to navigate changes in society and the sector with clarity and confidence. To that end, the board looks for individuals whose skill sets, professional networks, and lived identities will ensure that Philanthropy New York has informed, effective, and impactful conversations around the organization’s governance and values. You have a wide network of colleagues and thus might have a great candidate to nominate for the Board.
The Governance and Nominating Committee will fill up to five open seats on the board in 2023.
We seek candidates who at a minimum:
- Have demonstrated a commitment to Philanthropy New York through active participation in the PNY community
- Are willing to serve as ambassadors for PNY’s values and PNY’s new Strategic Framework
- Will actively contribute to four board meetings a year, serve on one or more of PNY’s Board committees, and attend the Annual Meeting
- Are established or emerging leaders in their respective networks who are eager to enrich and extend engagement in the PNY community
In addition, this year the board is specifically seeking candidates who may contribute the following:
- Experience in a grantmaking public charity or corporate foundation
- Nonprofit legal expertise
- Experience contributing to and/or leading the development of racial equity practices and policies in organizations
Please submit this PDF form to Amy Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than January 6, 2023.
You can also submit your nominations through this form on SurveyMonkey.