Overarching Committee Mission:
The Audit Committee assists the board of directors in overseeing (a) the selection, retention, and performance of Philanthropy New York’s independent auditors; (b) the quality and integrity of Philanthropy New York’s financial reporting; (c) its fiscal controls and tax and regulatory compliance; and (d) compliance with its code of conduct.
- Chair: Jacqueline Jones
- Select and retain auditors
- Review the scope of the audit
- Review the audit results
- Review the 990 before filing
- Annually review compliance with the Conflict of Interest and Whistleblower policies
- Contribute to the Administrative and Finance policies of Philanthropy New York
Members serve a two-year term, commencing in September each year
Attend three meetings a year in November, February, and May.
- Read and review the audit plan
- Read and review the audited financial statements
- Read and review the 990
Philanthropy New York is seeking committee members with a background in accounting, tax and regulatory compliance, and operations to join the committee.