Committee on Members
About the Committee
The Committee on Members serves as a critical thought partner to Philanthropy New York staff to ensure the association maintains high member value and effectively engages the full PNY community. The committee advises PNY staff on strengthening and articulating the value of PNY membership. Members also work with staff on the structure and strategy of both membership engagement and recruitment activities. Committee members extend the reach of PNY staff by networking and building relationships with fellow and prospective PNY members.
The Committee holds three capacities:
- Sounding board: Bring a diverse group of member perspectives to staff and board decision-making. Provide board and staff with a trusted “preview” space.
- Ambassador for the Organization: Extend the reach of board and staff to engage current and prospective members. Continually strengthen the connection between members and PNY.
- Advisor on Membership Policies: Support Board and staff in making decisions about membership policies and practices, including eligibility, types of memberships, and dues structure.
The Committee reports to and is chaired by members of the Board of Directors. The Committee drafts recommendations for the Board on dues and other membership eligibility policies and practices, as assigned by the Board.
- Rini Banerjee, President, Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation
- Jenny Negron, Senior Program Officer, The Pinkerton Foundation
Members serve renewable two-year terms.