Overarching Committee Mission:
The Finance Committee is established to assist the Board with all financial policies and strategies, including but not limited to: review of the annual budget(s), review and monitor financial reporting, approve and monitor investments, and approve significant financial policies. The Committee is established in the Bylaws as a standing Committee of the Board.
- Working with staff, create a two year budget projection that accurately monitors risks such as taxes and healthcare increases while maintaining excellence for our membership
- Provide prudent oversight of the organization’s investments and make recommendations for moving investments, as necessary, to achieve the goals of the organization’s Investment Policy Statement
- Monitor the organization’s risk and insurance coverage
- Monitor the organization’s 403B and ensure the funds offered meet the criteria outlined by the board
- Chair & Treasurer: Jeanne Haws, Chief Operating Officer, Wellspring Philanthropic Fund
Members serve a two-year term, commencing in September of each year.
Attend three meetings per year—February, April/May and October/November and a conference call meeting during the summer (July/August) to review mid-year financials recommends changes in financial policies to the board.
The Finance Committee is currently recruiting individuals who has served as a Chief Investment Officer or have overseen and managed investments. Trustees with oversight of investments are also welcome.