This program is a part of our Impact Investing Programs Series from our 2016-17 PNY Core Curriculum:
- February 10 – Put Your Foundation on the Impact Investing Map
- April 14 – Active Ownership versus Divestment: When Is It Either-Or? Can My Foundation Do Both Well?
- May 18 – Can Failure Be a Success?: Dissecting the Rikers Social Impact Bond Experiment
- November 1 - Getting Your Board on Board with Impact Investing
- May 10, 2017 - Which Impact Investing Tools Are Right for Your Foundation’s Mission?
Taking on impact investing often requires board approval. Yet impact investing is still quite new terrain for many board members. What’s the best way to engage board members so that they are supportive of the development of an impact investing approach that best suits your foundation’s mission?
Join us for this program where board members share how impact investing unfolded at their foundations. Hear their thoughts on optimal board education and engagement processes, as well as how to help your board clarify its impact investing goals.
Watch the recording here:
(Registration not required)
- How are board members part of decision-making on impact investing at other foundations
- How are foundation boards being educated on the topic - who are the internal champions, how are outside experts consulted, how is information presented, what data and information is shared
- What questions do board members often want answered about impact investing
- How can you set reasonable expectations for impact investing with your board
- What’s the first conversation on impact investing peers in the field recommend you have with your board
- Phillip W. Henderson, President, Surdna Foundation
- Lenora Suki, Head, Product Strategy, Sustainable Finance, Bloomberg LP and Board Member, Jesse Smith Noyes Foundation
- Brian Walsh (Moderator), Head of Corporate Impact, Liquidnet
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is available until October 31st.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of organizers: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ($150 fee)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.