This program is a part of our Impact Investing Programs Series from our 2016-17 PNY Core Curriculum:
- February 10, 2016 – Put Your Foundation on the Impact Investing Map
- April 14, 2016 – Active Ownership versus Divestment: When Is It Either-Or? Can My Foundation Do Both Well?
- May 18, 2016 – Can Failure Be a Success?: Dissecting the Rikers Social Impact Bond Experiment
- November 1, 2016 - Getting Your Board on Board with Impact Investing
- May 10, 2017 - Which Impact Investing Tools Are Right for Your Foundation’s Mission?
Many funders know the basics of impact investing and why their organizations should get in the game. But it can be hard to know, what are the right financial instruments to pair with my foundation's mission and program goals?
This panel and workshop, facilitated by Arabella Advisors, will give participants the chance to hear peers’ stories and then to explore their own situations with expert input.
- The different financing mechanisms available, like debt, equity, credit enhancements, and other innovative structures
- The ways that investors from other foundations made decisions about the types of impact investments they made to advance their organizations’ missions and program goals
- Potential investment instruments and structures that your foundation could use based on your organization’s mission and strategy
Then, we will break into small groups so that participants can discuss how to match impact investing instruments with the impact they seek to create. We hope that you will leave with insights on what tools are best aligned with your organization, as well as next steps for getting started.
- Brinda Ganguly, Senior Associate Director, Rockefeller Foundation
- Daniel Goldman, Secretary and Director, R.W. Goldman Family Foundation
- Jenny Flezzani Sia, Director, Corporate Responsibility, Pfizer Foundation
- Humaira Faiz (Moderator), Director, Impact Investing, Arabella Advisors
All interested funders.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by May 9th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ($150 fee)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.