Wednesday, February 10, 2016 -
3:00pm to 5:00pm EST
Philanthropy New York, 1500 Broadway, 7th Floor, NYC
Members of PNY & Partner Orgs:
Add to Calendar
This program is a part of our Impact Investing Programs Series from our 2016-17 PNY Core Curriculum:
- February 10 – Put Your Foundation on the Impact Investing Map
- April 14 – Active Ownership versus Divestment: When Is It Either-Or? Can My Foundation Do Both Well?
- May 18 – Can Failure Be a Success?: Dissecting the Rikers Social Impact Bond Experiment
- November 1 - Getting Your Board on Board with Impact Investing
- May 10, 2017 - Which Impact Investing Tools Are Right for Your Foundation’s Mission?
Missed this session? View materials and recording here.
You get the concept of impact investing - merging social impact with financial results, unlocking private capital for social good, generating positive social and financial returns, and so on.
But are you wondering, what exactly are foundations doing when it comes to impact investing? What's the range of efforts out there? How might your foundation take action and where does that fit in the "bell curve"? How do foundation efforts overall map to the larger impact investing ecosystem across sectors?
Benefit from insights provided by Mission Investors Exchange, a national membership association of 230 foundations and mission investing organizations. Hear from philanthropy leaders who will share what their foundations are doing and where that puts them within the impact investing continuum among funders and beyond.
- The impact investing ecosystem and where foundations fit within it
- Impact investing lessons from funders that have taken different approaches - some initial and others all in
- Where your foundation might best get started or deepen its impact investing efforts - and where that puts you within the span of what foundations are doing
- Lori Bezahler, President, Edward W. Hazen Foundation
- Preeti Bhattacharji, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Heron Foundation
- Matt Onek (Moderator), Chief Executive Officer, Mission Investors Exchange
- Ommeed Sathe, Vice President of Impact Investments, Prudential
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Online registration is available until February 9th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of organizers: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)
Can't join us in-person? Watch live stream here: