*This program is hosted by our partner, the CLIMA Fund, who has extended an invitation to PNY members. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.*
This webinar is a part of a five-part series, The Underpinning Stories: A Funder's Dialogue Series About Climate Solutions:
- October 24 – The Underpinning Stories: Climate & Innovation
- December 13 – The Underpinning Stories: Climate & Scale
- February 11 – The Underpinning Stories: Climate & Metrics
- February 28 – The Underpinning Stories: Climate & Capacity
- April 24 – The Underpinning Stories: Climate & Geography
Novel and creative ideas are needed to tackle the greatest challenge that has faced humanity - climate change. Yet there is significant disagreement about what constitutes innovation, and where that innovation is coming from. In this online conversation, we will unpack how funders understand innovation and what that means for those who receive funding. The session will include a dialogue between invited speakers, followed by smaller group conversations among participants. Please join the Climate Leaders In Movement Action (CLIMA) Fund (Global Greengrants, Grassroots International, Thousand Currents, and the Urgent Action Fund for Women's Rights) for an online dialogue.
- The assumptions and narrative frames funders use to understand innovation in climate action
- How funders can invite failure and risk-taking by transferring the risk to ourselves as funders
- How funders can listen more and "get out of the way" of communities doing the work
- A new understanding of the hypotheses that funders hold about addressing the climate crisis and new ideas about how we are supporting climate solution practitioners as a community
Nnimmo Bassey, Chair of the Board, Global Greengrants
Pia Infante, Co-Executive Director, The Whitman Institute
Charles McElwee, VP of Programs, ClimateWorks Foundation
Erin Rogers, Program Officer in Environment, Hewlett Foundation
Ryan Strode, Advisor, Arabella Advisors
Lindley Mease (Moderator), CLIMA Fund Coordinator, Climate Leaders in Movement Action (CLIMA) Fund
All interested funders.
Registration is required by October 23rd
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.