- September 23 - Module 1: Speaking the Same Language
- October 28 - Module 2: Foundation Governance and Legal Issues
- November 18 - Module 3: Fundamentals of Grantmaking
- December 9 - Module 4: Great Debates in Philanthropy
- February 10 - Module 5: So You're Working for a Foundation... Power and Your New Community
What is grantmaking? What are the main components that make up grantmaking in a foundation? What resources, approaches, and tools does a foundation employ to leverage for impact? This is an opportunity for those new to the sector to map out the core cycle of how foundations make grants.
Upon completing Module 3, participants will be able to:
- Discuss where implicit bias plays a role in making a grant
- Identify examples of how foundations give
- Describe the art of grantmaking - the core cycle of how foundations make a grant
- Discuss ways to manage relationships with grantees
Anyone who has joined the philanthropic sector within the last 12-18 months; open to the entire range of disciplines with the field, e.g., Assistant to the President, Program Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Human Services Director, Trustee, among others. The pilot is a cohort-based program. The five modules will build on each other, and participants are expected to commit to attending all five.
8:30 - 9:00 AM Check-in & Networking Breakfast
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by November 17th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.