This program is a part of a four-part Interpreting Financial Statements Series from our 2016 PNY Core Curriculum:
View recording here.
Experienced grantmakers often use two financial documents to review potential and current grantees: financial statements and IRS Form 990. But how do the two documents differ and how can they best be used together to interpret the financial status of an organization?
- Why the financial statements and tax filings for public charities aren't the same
- GAAP versus TAX, and how differences between the two arose
- How New York state legislation that went into effect in July 2014 will impact your grantees’ financial statements and tax returns
- Tips for interpreting the financial status of an organization using BOTH their financial statements and tax filings
- Candice Meth, CPA, Partner, Not-for-Profit Services Group, EisnerAmper LLP
- Rebecca Nash, Accountant, Not-for-Profit Services Group, EisnerAmper LLP