- September 8 - Speaking the Same Language
- November 3 - Foundation Governance and Legal Issues
- December 8 - The Great Debates in Philanthropy
- January 19, 2018 - Fundamentals of Grantmaking
- March 9, 2018 - So You're Working for a Foundation... Power and Your New Community
So you are working for a foundation. While Parts 1 through 4 of this series provided an overview of the history of philanthropy, a foundation's leadership and governance, a high-level overview of grantmaking at foundations, and the philanthropic topics of the century, this fifth module helps you to explore the various roles within philanthropy. People are drawn to the field of philanthropy to make a difference. While philanthropic organizations may have a broader commitment to strategy, many individuals may lack an explicit strategy for effectiveness, without an awareness of ambiguous situations, unusual dynamics and the challenges they may encounter that require a sense of personal strategy.
Upon completing this module, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the role(s) they play in their new organization
- Examine their role(s), professional relationships and power dynamics
- Describe the broader philanthropic infrastructure
- Explain peer networking as part of the work
- Phil Li, President & Chief Executive Officer, Robert Sterling Clark Foundation
- Kaberi Banerjee Murthy, Vice President of Programs, Brooklyn Community Foundation
Anyone who has joined the philanthropic sector within the last 12-18 months; open to the entire range of disciplines with the field, e.g., Assistant to the President, Program Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Human Services Director, Trustee, among others. This is a cohort-based program. The five modules will build on each other, and participants are expected to commit to attending all five.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
11:00 - 11:30 AM Celebratory Brunch
Registration is currently closed
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.