- September 8 - Speaking the Same Language
- November 3 - Foundation Governance and Legal Issues
- December 8 - The Great Debates in Philanthropy
- January 19, 2018 - Fundamentals of Grantmaking
- March 2, 2018 - So You're Working for a Foundation... Power and Your New Community
Join Philanthropy New York as we pit seasoned philanthropists, one-on-one, in robust debates around the philanthropic topics of the century. From impact investing vs. divest/activism, to perpetuity vs. spend-down, be ready to take a side!
Upon completing this module, participants will be able to:
- Identify the current big issues in philanthropy
- Describe support and opposition to the investment approach
- Describe support and opposition to remaining in perpetuity versus spending down over time
- Describe support and opposition to granting general operating grants versus restricted grants
- Doug Bauer, Executive Director, The Clark Foundation
- Melissa Beck, Executive Director, The Educational Foundation of America
- Ronna Brown (Moderator), President, Philanthropy New York
Anyone who has joined the philanthropic sector within the last 12-18 months; open to the entire range of disciplines with the field, e.g., Assistant to the President, Program Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Human Services Director, Trustee, among others. This is a cohort-based program. The five modules will build on each other, and participants are expected to commit to attending all five.
8:30 - 9:00 AM Check-in & Networking Breakfast
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by December 7th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.