*This program is hosted by our partner, Asset Funders Network (AFN), who has extended an invitation to PNY members.*
Today’s young people, ages 16-24, have a harder time making ends meet and achieving financial milestones that were achievable by the generations that came before. Youth are less likely to utilize formal financial products, and they show signs of less financial literacy.
Youth employment is intrinsically linked to the economic success of young people and our communities. Consider:
- There are 1.2 Billion young people around the globe, more than ever before
- 156 Million are working, yet living in poverty
- Unemployment rate of young people is 3 times higher than the unemployment rate for adults
- 71 Million youth are looking for work
Please join Asset Funders Network in this one-hour webinar to examine how integrating job training with financial capability services may help the younger generation build a financial foundation, get ahead of financial struggles, and achieve both career success and financial security.
- How philanthropy can support the integration of financial capability services into workforce development
- Strategies for taking this work to scale
- Opportunities for funders to support effective programs that build youth financial capability and asset building
- Melissa Grober-Morrow, Director, Savings and Financial Capability, Prosperity Now
- Daria Sheehan, Senior Program Officer, Citi Foundation
- I-Hsing Sun, Chief Financial Officer, Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund
- Leah Mayor (Moderator), East Coast Program Officer, Asset Funders Network
All interested funders.
Registration is required by September 11th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.