Philanthropy New York’s International Grantmakers Network presents this interactive discussion as a follow up to the popular 2019 “Navigating Uncertain Terrain” program. In this session, experts on global grantmaking will provide updates on the ever-evolving world of international philanthropy laws, giving trends and the growth of global philanthropy. We will learn from top findings of The 2022 Global Philanthropy Environment Index in 91 countries and economies featuring input from more than 100 philanthropy experts around the globe.
What will you learn?
- The growth of philanthropy around the world on all continents
- Methods to facilitate effective and sustainable philanthropic partnerships across different cultures
- What are some top issues of concern today
- Updates on legal developments affecting global philanthropy
- The latest forms of giving around the world with new global philanthropy pilot
- Lily Liu, Legal Advisor, International Center for Not-for-Profit Law
- Una Osili, Efroymson Chair in Philanthropy, Associate Dean for Research and International Programs, Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, and Dean’s Fellow, Mays Family Institute on Diverse Philanthropy
- Buff Kavelman (Moderator), President, Kavelman Group Philanthropic Advisors and Co-Chair of Philanthropy New York’s International Grantmaking Network
Who should attend?
All interested funders in grantmaking roles. What to expect: Presentation followed by group discussion.