- November 8 – Legal Series - International Grantmaking
- March 6 – Legal Series - Self-Dealing (Family Foundations & Family Offices)
- May 23 – Legal Series - Making Grants to Individuals
Do you understand all of the options that are available to you when making grants to organizations, groups, and individuals around the world, including in post-conflict regions and countries with governments that are in transition? Do you know what questions to ask, programmatically, operationally, and legally in order to make grants to support change internationally?
Learn how to navigate the legal and programmatic issues in making grants outside the United States. The presenters will include the senior director of operations and general counsel of a private foundation who will walk through the legal requirements and other key issues impacting international grant making, such as sanctions, operational considerations, and grant structuring. An experienced grant maker will explore programmatic best practices, providing insight about the rewarding experience and practicalities of international grant making and formation of effective partnerships
- How to structure grants to non-U.S. entities and individuals outside of the United States
- How to comply with the expenditure responsibility rules for grants to non-U.S. entities
- The key aspects of successfully operating within various sanctions regimes and post-conflict environments
- Successes and challenges of international grant making through case studies
- A. Nicole Campbell, Senior Director of Operations and Foundation Counsel, Dalio Foundation
- Dr. Aleesha Taylor, Principal, Herald Advisors
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by November 7th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Organizers/Co-Sponsors: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Create an account or log in above and click the Register Now link. ($150 fee)