Thursday, June 18, 2015 -
8:45am to 10:30am EDT
The Century Foundation, 1 Whitehall Street, NYC
Add to Calendar
*Registration for this session has reached capacity. If you'd like to be added to our waitlist, please email: email@example.com*
Philanthropy New York hosts group informational interviews to explore career paths in the philanthropic sector, as part of our "Interested in Working at a Foundation" series. This June, we will learn about the field of corporate philanthropy from the perspectives of two leaders in the field.
Join Sarah Jankowski, Program Director at Viking Global Foundation, and Florencia Spangaro, Director of Grant and Volunteer Programs at Citi Foundation, as they discuss career path experiences in the corporate giving sector.
Philanthropy New York members who receive requests for informational interviews from jobseekers may refer those individuals to us for this session.
- The advantages and challenges of a career in corporate philanthropy
- The range of jobs at an organization and some general day-to-day responsibilities
- The structure and possible priorities of foundations you may encounter on your job search
- A realistic picture of the qualities corporate foundations may value in potential new hires and the number of jobs available in the field at a given time
This session will not include
- Specific job leads
- Individual interviews with contacts within the field
- Sarah Jankowski, Program Director, Viking Global Foundation
- Florencia Spangaro, Director, Grant and Volunteer Programs, Citi Foundation
Individuals interested in learning about careers in the field of philanthropy.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague, please click on the "Register Now" link above.
Non-members: Please click on the "Non-member registration" link above.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.