View resources from this program.
Join us for a discussion that will focus on immigrant youth issues in New York City. We will hear from the NYC Commissioner for Immigrant Affairs, the Department of City Planning Commission and youth leaders from several organizations serving diverse immigrant communities.
We will explore the local policy landscape, as well as specific issues in particular immigrant communities. Funders will leave the session with a richer understanding of funding opportunities; a deeper appreciation of what to look for when making grant decisions; and a set of ideas on the role foundations can play in shaping policy, program and practice in this vital domain.
- Nisha Agarwal, Commissioner, NYC Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Chhaya Chhoum, Executive Director, Mekong New York City
- Zeinab Eyega, Executive Director, Sauti Yetu Center for African Women and Families
- Shawn Morehead (Moderator), Program Officer, The New York Community Trust
- Joseph Salvo, Planning Population Director, NYC Planning Commission
- Javier Valdes, Co-Executive Director, Make the Road New York
All interested funders.
8:45-9:00 AM Check-in
9:00-11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by September 21st.
Members: First time on this website? Set your password. To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Organizers: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate which organizer you were invited by. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Create an account or log in above and click the Register Now link. ($150 fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.