Please join us for a funder briefing on New York City’s plans for 2021 summer programming for children and youth. Representatives from the Fund for Public Schools, Department of Education, and Department of Youth & Community Development will present an overview of their efforts to coordinate programming, services, and funding in partnership with CBO colleagues to mitigate learning loss and provide support to students that have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. Deployment of COVID relief education dollars relief funding will give a massive boost to summer opportunities, but challenges remain in both planning and implementation. This discussion will also cover the role private philanthropy might play this summer and beyond.
- The priorities for serving children and youth during the summer of 2021
- How the DOE and DYCD will collaborate with each other and what will be the role of CBO partners
- The efforts being made to coordinate and optimize the various funding streams, including federal COVID relief funding
- How funders can support these efforts
- Chris Caruso, Senior Executive Director, Department of Education
- Stephen Cockrell, Chief Strategy Officer, Fund for Public Schools
- Susan Haskell, Deputy Commissioner, Department of Youth & Community Development
All interested funders, regardless of roles at your foundation. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Program
Registration is required by April 9th. Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program. Please share any questions for our speakers here.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Collaborators: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ($150 fee)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.