The Foundation Administrators Network (FAN) brings together HR and operations professionals to share knowledge and resources, to test complex ideas with peers about administrative issues related to managing a foundation, and to strengthen professional skills and expertise.
Human Resources professionals have a critical role to play in developing and executing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategies within their organizations. In many organizations, conversations relating to DEI initiatives have intensified either as a result of continued institutional awareness of the importance of these efforts, and/or informed by the outcomes of the recent US presidential elections. Regardless of the reasons, DEI is one of the more important strategic issues many of our organizations are faced with presently.
Through the various FAN resources, listserv, networking opportunities, programs, etc., we have also seen an increase in conversations and/or interest regarding what diversity, equity and inclusion mean for members’ organizations.
At the next FAN meeting, organizational development and HR consultant Pratichi Shah will lead a workshop on DEI principles in five key organizational areas: leadership, talent processes, infrastructure, organizational culture, and alignment between organizational mission and internal approach. This program aims to equip participants with tools to assist with assessment and exploration of actions that can reinforce, drive, or begin DEI efforts.
Our goal for the session is to help FAN members understand DEI in the context of their own organizations and identify specific next steps you want to take in your own organization to operationalize DEI principles.
FAN members will also have a chance to share approaches and best practices with each other and hear about work in the sector.
- How to integrate DEI initiatives to the broader institutional objectives and routine practices
- How to seize this moment by effectively contemplating, designing, and implementing DEI initiatives, in order to enhance institutional outcomes
- Best practice tools that HR and other colleagues can use to strategically support your organization's DEI efforts, from recruitment and talent management, to alignment of organizational culture, to institutional goals (e.g., expanding the diversity of vendor/consultant pools, etc.)
- Tools to determine how to develop effective actions wherever your organization may be across the various points on the DEI continuum
- Five key areas in which to assess your organization and its current state around DEI
- Your organization’s desired future state in each of the five areas
- Best practices and current approaches in the sector to move your organization to its desired future state
- Pratichi Shah, President and CEO, Flourish Talent Management Solutions
Members of FAN, as well as prospective FAN members who have a responsibility for foundation administration, including human resources and operations.
8:30-8:45 AM Check-in & Networking Breakfast
8:45-11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by June 19.
Members only: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
*Reminder: As always, creating a confidential space at network meetings is very important. Please do not share specific details from the meetings with individuals outside the network.
Please contact email@example.com with questions or for further information on this program or on eligibility.