*Registration for this session has reached capacity. To be added to the waitlist, please email: email@example.com*
- February 22 – Financial Series: Intro to Financial Statements
- March 1 – What to Look for in a Nonprofit’s Financial Statement
- March 8 – Looking at the 990 Part 1 of 3*
- March 15 – Looking at the 990 Part 2 of 3*
- March 22 – Looking at the 990 Part 3 of 3*
- March 29 – Using Financial Statements Together with IRS Form 990 to Understand Your Potential Grantees
- April 5 – Applied Finance: The IRS Form 990 as a Tool for Understanding Organizational Capacity
- April 12 - Getting the Financial Information You Need Without Overburdening Grantees
* This session assumes basic knowledge of financial management and reporting. If you do not already have experience in the basic terminology of nonprofit financials, please register for and attend the Financial Series: Intro to Financial Statements before these sessions. Due to the intensive nature of this session, it will not be offered via remote access.
Learn how to analyze and evaluate nonprofit financial statements and know what questions to raise for further analysis. Walk through a set of sample financial statements, focusing on definitions and relationships of numbers. What are some “red flags” to consider? What’s changed since last year within the financial statements? The program will also offer some key ratio analyses to use when assessing the financial health of a nonprofit.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze an organization’s financial health through its audited financial statement
- Identify which notes to the financials are integral to your assessment of an organization
- Analyze an organization’s financial statements for potential red flags
- Apply ratios and formulas that will aid in the evaluation and comparison of nonprofit financials
- Identify what questions to raise with the grant applicant or grantee about their financials
- Scott A. Brown, CPA, Senior Manager, PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP
- Christopher D. Petermann, CPA, Partner, PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP
Funders with less than two years of experience in the field – program-officers, CEOs and other staff, as well as trustees. It is also recommended for experienced grantmakers seeking a refresher in the basic financial tools of grantmaking.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by February 28h.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee).
Please email email@example.com with any questions.