*This program is hosted by our partner, the CLIMA Fund, who has extended an invitation to PNY members. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.*
This webinar is a part of a five-part series, End of the World as We Know It? The Climate Crisis & COVID-19:
- April 28 – What is “Grassroots?”
- May 27 – How Grassroots Movements Work
- June 18 – Internationalism
- July 22 – Funding Grassroots Movements
- August 18 – Integration and Commitments
The world is changing rapidly due to climate disruption and the COVID-19 crisis, and that's not going to stop. But the direction and impact for those changes is still up for grabs. What role does philanthropy play in supporting action towards justice, collective health, and sustainability?
In this five-part dialogue series, the CLIMA Fund and guest speakers from grassroots movements around the globe will connect the dots across our global ecological, health, and social crises, and how grassroots solutions are growing to meet the challenge. Each two hour session will include presentation, dialogue, and breakouts that build on each other over the five online sessions.
Please join the Climate Leaders In Movement Action (CLIMA) Fund (a collaboration among Global Greengrants, Grassroots International, Thousand Currents, and the Urgent Action Fund for Women's Rights) for this dialogue series with grassroots movements responding to the interlocking climate and COVID-19 crises.
- How grassroots solutions can spread rapidly across geography and communities to have impact
- The many different forms of grassroots action and the hurdles facing grassroots movements
- A deeper understanding of how global climate justice movements are responding to the pandemic and transforming the root drivers
- How philanthropy can take action in support of grassroots movements
- Kate Kroeger, Executive Director, Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights
- Cindy Wiesner, Executive Director, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance
- Amaru Torrez Ruiz, La Via Campesina
- Lindley Mease (Moderator), CLIMA Fund Director, Climate Leaders in Movement Action (CLIMA) Fund
All interested funders.
Registration is required by June 17th.
* Please note that you will automatically be registered for all five dialogues if you register for one.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.