The New York Environmental Funders Network is a peer network of grantmakers who fund or are interested in the program areas of environment, climate, sustainability and conservation in New York City and/or State. The Network’s aim is to advance members’ knowledge of: (1) current and emerging issues in these program areas, and (2) opportunities for funding effective programs that are working to address these issues.
The Network meets on a quarterly basis to:
- Share members’ current grantmaking priorities and experience, including notable achievements and troubleshooting needs.
- Identify emerging trends and funding needs.
- Conduct deep dives into specific programmatic areas of collective interest and that present opportunities for collaboration and alignment.
The Network has no formal goals for collaborative funding; however, funders with similar strategic goals may uncover opportunities for collaboration with regard to particular projects and/or grantees.
Upcoming meetings will be posted on Philanthropy New York’s calendar of events. The Network welcomes all interested funders to join us.
Interested funders should contact NYEFN Co-Chairs or a PNY Staff member to inquire about joining the network
- Arturo Garcia-Costas, Program Officer, Local, National, and International Environment, The New York Community Trust
- Kate Sinding Daly, Executive Director, NorthLight Foundation
- Mike Pratt, President, The Scherman Foundation
Current members of the network can access the discussion group here or under My Account when logged in.
Vice President of Collaboration and Policy