The New York Environmental Funders Network is a peer network of grantmakers who fund or are interested in the program areas of environment, climate, sustainability and conservation in New York City and/or State. The Network’s aim is to advance members’ knowledge of: (1) current and emerging issues in these program areas, and (2) opportunities for funding effective programs that are working to address these issues.
The Network meets on a quarterly basis to:
- Share members’ current grantmaking priorities and experience, including notable achievements and troubleshooting needs.
- Identify emerging trends and funding needs.
- Conduct deep dives into specific programmatic areas of collective interest and that present opportunities for collaboration and alignment.
The Network has no formal goals for collaborative funding; however, funders with similar strategic goals may uncover opportunities for collaboration with regard to particular projects and/or grantees.
Upcoming meetings will be posted on Philanthropy New York’s calendar of events. The Network welcomes all interested funders to join us.
- Valerie Boucard, Program Officer, The Nathan Cummings Foundation
- Nick Sifuentes, Program Director, The Summit Foundation
Current members of the network can access the discussion group here or under My Account when logged in.
Vice President of Collaboration and Policy