The pandemic has impacted career pathway programs for New York City high school youth in terms of the specific industries and job opportunities as well as the training, work-based learning experiences, and internships/apprenticeships offered. As the city continues to grapple with the health and economic impacts of the pandemic, as well as the country’s reckoning with racial injustice, providers and public agencies are continuing their work to define and build career pathways for NYC youth amidst profound changes in the job market.
This program will provide an overview of how the job market and in-demand skills are shifting as a result of the pandemic and what it means for youth. Organizations working to meet the needs of young people will talk about the interventions they created and explore both the challenges of this past year and new approaches and opportunities surfaced by the pandemic.
- How the job market and in-demand skills are shifting
- What this shift means for youth
- How career pathway programs for youth are responding to the challenges and opportunities of this moment
- Barbara Chang, Executive Director, CareerWise New York
- David Fischer, Executive Director, NYC Center for Youth Employment
- Jared Giles, Director of Workforce Development Issues, Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation
- Natalie Lozada, Associate Director of Programs, East Side House
- Bret Halverson (Moderator), Strategic Advisor, JobsFirstNYC
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Program
Registration is required by February 23rd. Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Collaborators: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ($150 fee)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.