For years, leading up to our latest election, data has shown the power Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) are having in creating change across the country. And yet, there is still a stagnant representation of people of color in nonprofit leadership.
Come learn from those who have been a part of successful transitions from long-time white executive directors to BIPOC leadership and discuss how philanthropy can best support these transitions.
- Experiences from a white leader/founder whose successor is a woman of color
- Perspectives as incoming leaders of color
- Practices that help or hinder leadership transitions
- Defining best practices for philanthropy in supporting emerging leaders of color as they move into leadership.
The Leadership Transition Funders Group is a network of program executives and those leading grantmaking strategy and practices who explore and learn from one another around how they can best support nonprofits through a healthy leadership transition and best practices in supporting leaders of color. If you are interested in joining the Leadership Transitions Funders Group and participating in their listserv, please contact Anthony Salgado.
- Afua Atta-Mensah, Executive Director, Community Voices Heard
- Jennifer Ching, Executive Director, North Star Fund
- Jill Eisenhard, Founder and Advisor, Red Hook Initiative
- Bipasha Ray (Facilitator), New Executives Fund Project Director, Open Society Fellowship Program, Open Society Foundations
All interested funders. What to expect: presentation followed by group discussion.
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Program
Registration is required by November 30th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Collaborators: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.