This program is hosted by our partner, Asset Funders Network (AFN), who has extended an invitation to PNY members.
In honor of International Women’s Day, please join the Asset Funders Network, Economic Opportunity Funders and EITC Funders Network, to learn about how we can build a gender-equitable economy in which women and their families can strive, thrive, and reach their full potential.
Over the past year, the Women in the Economy* project at the Aspen Institute Financial Security Program has been in deep conversations with working women across the U.S. to gain their insights about the causes of their economic insecurity, what they see as the most promising solutions, and their vision for a gender-equitable economy. The project included in-depth, one-on-one interviews and a national survey to identify challenges and solutions prioritized by women who hold many, intersecting identities–race and ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, immigration status, experience with incarceration, physical and economic abuse, and other factors that contribute to their economic marginalization.
The webinar will lift up interview and survey findings, and engage participants in a discussion about policy, program, and market-based solutions.
What will you learn?
- Key drivers of gender economic inequity in our economy
- Solutions rooted in women’s wisdom and lived experience
- Opportunities for philanthropy to collaborate and align funding around key solutions
- Céline Apollon, Aspen Institute, Financial Security Program
- Dena L. Jackson, Chief Strategy Officer, Texas Women’s Foundation
- Josephine Kalipeni, Executive Director, Family Values at Work
- Heather McCulloch, Entrepreneur-in-residence, Aspen Institute, Financial Security Program
Who should attend?
All interested funders in grantmaking roles. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
How do I sign up?
Registration is required by March 6th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
In collaboration with