Philanthropy New York Celebrates Staff Promotions
As one of two Philanthropy Fellows, Ariane facilitated and convened PNY’s issue-based working groups, enabling funders to connect and draw on collective wisdom to address critical areas such as youth and education, criminal legal reform, health, environment, and racial equity. Additionally, Ariane developed learning opportunities that equip PNY members to understand and adapt to emerging trends in the field. In partnership with her co-Fellow, Ariane also managed PNY’s public policy work through her research and presentation of an annual slate of policy priorities. This work included ensuring the effective governance of the Public Policy Committee of the board.
In her new role at PNY, Ariane will deepen her focus on public policy, oversee collaborative issue-based work, and continue to inform organizational culture change efforts.
- Serving as a connective tissue between the Policy and Communications team to build out the way we represent our engagement with public policy and current issues.
- Bridging Policy and Learning team efforts to create issue-based learning that aligns with our public policy vision to strengthen the nonprofit ecosystem.
- Overseeing working groups and aligning their efforts with our organizational vision and values.
- Developing PNY’s policy and advocacy stance in partnership with the Public Policy Committee and the United Philanthropy Forum.
- Contributing to PNY’s organizational culture and strategic direction as we plan and implement practices that help us embody our organizational values.
Ariane is eager to contribute to the evolving landscape of philanthropy by actively participating in initiatives and building practices aimed at fostering a more equitable and mutually beneficial partnership between philanthropic organizations, nonprofits, and government. She seeks to build relationships and communities that shift power and funding to proximate leaders, culminating in collective action and sustainable social movement.
Ariane earned an M.S. in Culture, Organization, and Management from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and a B.A. in Psychology from Bard College. Join us as we celebrate Ariane and read more about her here!