The PNY Core: Legal Series provides an overview of the legal and regulatory boundaries in a number of key legal topics. The series launches with this high-level overview of the legal dos and don'ts across your day-to-day philanthropic work. Come learn about the wide range of activities both within and beyond grantmaking that could help your foundation advance its mission.
What do you get when you pair a grants management professional and a general counsel? A lively discussion about best practices in international grantmaking, of course! No passport or foreign language experience required.
Join us to learn about how to navigate the legal and programmatic issues in making grants outside the United States.
Who should attend?
All interested funders, regardless of role at your foundation. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
What will you learn?
- Equivalency determinations for non-US entities
- Expenditure responsibility rules
- Licensing from the Office of Foreign Asset (OFAC)
- Successes and challenges of international grantmaking through case studies
- A. Nicole Campbell, General Counsel, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors
What else should I know?
If you’re interested in this session, you might be interested in one or more of the following in the PNY Core: Legal Series:
- November 3, 2021 - Within the Law and Outside the Box
- January 26, 2022 - Best Practices in International Grantmaking
- February 3, 2022 - Self-Dealing (Family Foundations & Family Offices)
- April 7, 2022 - Making Grants to Individuals
- July 14, 2022 - Fiscal Sponsorships - Best Practices and Common Pitfall
How do I sign up?
Members: Please log in and click the Register Now link above (no fee).
Registration is required by November 2nd.
Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to each session.
Please email email@example.com with questions or for further information on this program or on eligibility.