The session explores opportunities for involving youth in decision making related to public policy and community action in NYC. Youth and adult leaders from DYCD, NYC Service, Borough President’s Office, youth organizing, and citywide youth intermediaries will speak about these issues and engage funders in an interactive discussion.
Attendees will become more informed of these initiatives to involve youth in policy discussions and explore strategies for accomplishing these goals.
- Anne Lawrence, Program Officer, The Robert Bowne Foundation
- Darryl Rattray, Assistant Commissioner, Beacon, Cornerstone & Service Learning, Department of Youth and Community Development
- Eric Braxton, Executive Director, Funders’ Collaborative for Youth Organizing
- Sabrina Evans Ellis, Associate Executive Director, The Youth Development Institute
- Michelle Fine, Co-director, Public Science Project, CUNY Graduate Center
- Paula Gavin, Chief Service Officer, NYC Service
- Katrina Mitchell, Program Officer, Andrus Family Fund
- Christopher Neal, Director of Youth Programs and Initiatives, CORO New York Leadership Center
- Jade Urena, Media Educator, SupaFriends, Global Action Project
- Adip Vora, Mayor's Youth Leadership Council Member, CORO New York Leadership Center
- Nicole Leach, Vice President, Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation
- Sarah Zeller-Berkman, Director, Intergenerational Change Initiative, Public Science Project, CUNY Graduate Center
All interested funders.
Registration is required by May 18th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Organizers: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee)
In Collaboration with