In November 2014, the de Blasio administration released the Career Pathways: One City Working Together report, which adopted the Career Pathways framework and called for a movement away from rapid attachment approach to one that utilized industry partnerships and increased commitment to supporting training and bridge programs.
Join our speakers as they provide an update on the progress in implementing the recommendations of the Career Pathways report and their plans for the future. In addition, staff from the Center for Economic Opportunity (CEO) and MDRC will brief funders on the recently released WorkAdvance evaluation. WorkAdvance is a sector focused training program focuses on career advancement.
- Steven Banks, Commissioner, NYC Human Resources Administration
- David Berman, Director of Programs & Evaluation, NYC Center for Economic Opportunity
- Gregg Bishop, Commissioner, NYC Small Business Services
- Barbara Chang, Executive Director, NYC Office of Workforce Development
- Bill Chong, Commissioner, NYC Department of Youth & Community Development
- Richard Hendra, Senior Associate, MDRC
All interested funders.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by September 13.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of NYC Workforce Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)