This program is hosted by our partner, Asset Funders Network (AFN), who has extended an invitation to PNY members.
We know that the economic impacts of COVID-19 were not felt equally - individuals working in low-wage jobs, Black and Latinx workers and women were disproportionately impacted.
One time financial assistance was helpful, but not enough. With longer-term structural solutions that address racial equity continuing to be our north star, many advocates and practitioners now believe the moment has arrived for a Guaranteed Income (GI) with an equity lens.
Join us as we hear perspectives from a diverse group of thought leaders involved in GI initiatives including practitioners, government representatives and philanthropy.
Panelists will share outcomes and new research results from some of the most successful GI pilots in the country (Stockton and Mississippi); goals for the newly launched Mayor’s for Guaranteed Income; how philanthropy can play a catalytic role and what this moment tells us about the future of guaranteed income initiatives.
- The outcomes and new research results from some of the most successful Guaranteed Income pilots in the country (Stockton and Mississippi)
- Goals for the newly launched Mayor’s for Guaranteed Income
- How philanthropy can play a catalytic role and what this moment tells us about the future of guaranteed income initiatives
- Ron Nirenberg, Mayor, San Antonio
- Aisha Nyandoro, Chief Executive Officer, Springboard to Opportunities
- Sukhi Samra, Director, Mayor’s for Guaranteed Income
- Manuel J. Santamaria, Vice President, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
All interested funders.
1:00 - 2:00 PM Program
Registration is required by May 24th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.