* We have reached our max capacity for this event. To add your name to the wait list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. *
This event is a special offering of the Young Leaders Breakfast Club and open to all interested Philanthropy New York members.
Are you interested in joining a board but want to understand more about what it means to serve on a board? How can you bridge your personal values and professional skills for the benefit of an organization through board service?
Join us for this “Board Service 101” workshop with Sarah Najarian and Caroline Page. In their roles at Robin Hood, Sarah and Caroline train foundation staff, donors, and partners on nonprofit governance and board service, and support stakeholders in finding opportunities that are well suited to their interests and skills.
- The essential responsibilities of and skills needed for governing and junior board service
- How to find the right board to join and what questions to ask of yourself and potential organizations
- A snapshot of board service once you have joined a board
- The challenges of serving on a board as a funder
- Sarah Najarian, Senior Manager, Governance and Board Placement, Robin Hood
- Caroline Page, Family Philanthropy and Board Placement, Robin Hood
Philanthropy New York members.