Wednesday, October 7, 2015 -
9:15am to 11:15am EDT
Philanthropy New York, 1500 Broadway, 7th Floor, NY NY
Members of PNY & Partner Orgs:
Add to Calendar
Nonprofit organizations face enormous challenges in finding energetic, talented, and qualified board members to help them achieve their missions. According to the 2015 BoardSource Nonprofit Governance Index, 20% of nonprofit CEOs and executive directors reported that they did not have the right board members to govern their organizations effectively and only 55% of board members said that they were well-informed about their legal and governance responsibilities. Several corporate sector organizations are taking the leap to bridge this gap and designing board placement and training programs to ensure that staff across all spectrums are well-equipped for nonprofit board service. How can these leaders help the community while learning valuable leadership skills?
Join our dynamic panelists to learn about strategies and practices that work and those that can be applied to your board training and placement programs.
- Ways to support your employees in their search for the most suitable nonprofit board.
- How board members are prepared to fulfill responsibilities, and serve as ambassadors for their organizations.
- Approaches to determine your program’s impact goals and structure your company’s nonprofit board service program.
- Strategies to support your company’s community of board members after they join boards.
- Lalita Advani, Director of Grantmaking, Credit Suisse
- Richard Brown, Vice President of Philanthropy, American Express
- Jane O’Connell, (Moderator) President, Altman Foundation
9:00 AM - 9:15 AM Check-in
9:15 AM - 11:15 AM Program
Registration is required by October 6th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Organizers: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee)