Wednesday, November 4, 2015 -
8:45am to 11:00am EST
Philanthropy New York, 1500 Broadway, 7th Floor, NYC
Members of PNY & Partner Orgs:
Add to Calendar
Missed this session? View materials and recording here.
Foundation and nonprofit boards have an important responsibility: They advise and ultimately decide on the major polices, goals and governance of the organization. In order to effectively exercise that responsibility, the individuals who make up the board must be engaged and informed, even though they usually have many other separate responsibilities competing for their attention.
Creating communications to board members that gets them engaged seems to be a frequent challenge for foundation and nonprofit boards of all sizes and shapes.
- How do you get board members engaged and keep them engaged?
- How much information should you give them?
- How can you package information to get them to actually learn about what you want them to know to fulfill their advisory responsibility?
- What staff in the organization is best situated to produce communications to the Board? The CEO’s office, the COO’s office, the Communications Department?
- Can new technologies and communications platforms provide new opportunities in board communications?
- Eric Brown, Principal, Brownbridge Strategies
- Rakesh Rajani, Director, Democratic Participation and Governance, Ford Foundation
All interested funders.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by November 3.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Communications Network members: THIS PROGRAM IS FREEE to all Communications Network members. Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Public Policy Communicators-NYC members: THIS PROGRAM IS FREE to all nonprofit communciations professionals who are regular attendees of PPC-NYC programs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)
Watch live stream below!
PPT Slides: Eric Brown's Presentation Slides
In collaboration with
Public Policy Communicators NYC (an affinity group of PNY) and The Communications Network