This program is hosted by our partner, Asset Funders Network (AFN), who has extended an invitation to PNY members.
The American Rescue Plan of 2021 offers a historic opportunity to support the economic well-being of millions of households especially children through expansions to the Child Tax Credit and the Earned Income Tax Credit. Importantly, these temporary expansions, which are landing in bank accounts now, help ease cash flow and improve the peace of mind and health outcomes of families. Yet, many, particularly households headed by women of color, who would receive the greatest income boost may not be able to easily access this tax credit. Funders have an important role to play in the short term to support access to the credit and in the longer term to support permanent expansion of these credits. Doing so offers an opportunity to make the case for unrestricted cash and to fundamentally improve the freedom of parents to help their families thrive.
Please join us to discuss strategies for action now and learn how your investments now can make lasting change.
- How funders can support access to the Child Tax Credit and Earned Income Tax Credit in the short term
- The role of funders in the long term to support permanent access to these credits.
- The case for unrestricted cash and to fundamentally improve the freedom of parents to help their families thrive
- Kit Judge, Associate Director, Policy Reform and Advocacy, The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Ami Nagle, Coordinator, EITC Funders Network
- Deborah Schachter, Policy Advisor and Senior Program Officer, Capital Region, New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
All interested funders.
Registration is required by September 8th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.