*This program is hosted by our partner, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR), who has extended an invitation to PNY members. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.*
While the significant and tragic rise of Anti-Asian violence in recent weeks has caught the attention of the general public, coordinated and strategic efforts led by AAPI organizations, networks, and coalitions to respond to Anti-Asian violence have been in place since before the pandemic began early last year. Those efforts have been born of decades-long organizing and advocacy work, work that has been underfunded and invisibilized.
- The narrative, policy, and solidarity efforts to address Anti-Asian violence
- The opportunities to build durable AAPI immigrant power across the country
- Chhaya Choum, Executive Director, Mekong NYC
- Aarti Kohli, Executive Director, Asians Americans Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus
- Bo Thao-Urabe, Senior Program Strategist, AAPI Civic Engagement Fund
- Dr. Connie Wun, Executive Director - AAPI Women Lead
- Marissa Tirona (Moderator), President, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
All interested funders. Please note that calls are open to GCIR members, other grantmaking institutions, philanthropic advisors, and members and staff of funder affinity groups and regional associations of grantmakers. (Participation is limited to organizations that share GCIR’s core values.)
Registration is required by April 20th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.