Please note that Philanthropy New York is waiving the registration fee for non-member funders. Please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Philanthropy New York’s International Grantmakers Network (IGN) and its Committee for Equitable and Inclusive Philanthropy (CEIP), the King Baudouin Foundation United States, and Echoing Green, for a rare opportunity for a conversation with the 2017 awardees of the King Baudouin Foundation’s African Development Prize. Hailing from Ghana, Kenya and Uganda, each of this year’s honorees has tapped their visionary ideas and talent for leadership to leverage and implement technology in a way that has become a game-changer for their communities. Visit the Foundation's link to see the brief video on all of the 2017 Prize winners.
Additionally, because two of the three Awardees are former Echoing Green Fellows, we will also have an opportunity to learn more about Echoing Green’s deep investments in leadership - which includes much more than financial support – and how over the last 30 years they have continued to refine and scale their highly successful model.
While the landscape and context for this conversation is Africa, the ideas, learning, and examples shared on how donors can best support these leaders will resonate for multiple environments and communities.
- How to best invest in the next generation of leaders for social impact
- The critical need to, and advantages of investing in local or indigenous leaders
- What “high impact” or “high performing” investments look like when we speak of social entrepreneurship
- Gerald Abila, Founder and Managing Director, Barefoot Law (2017 African Development Prize Winners)
- Alloysius Attah, Co-Founder and Chief Executive, Farmerline (2017 African Development Prize Winners)
- Anthony (Tonee) Ndungu, Founder and Chief Information Office, Kytabu (2017 African Development Prize Winners)
- Taylor Conger (Moderator), Deputy Director, Fellowship Programs, Echoing Green
All interested funders.
8:30 - 9:00 AM Check-in & Light Breakfast
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by November 7th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com. We are waiving the registration fee for non-member funders.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Committee for Equitable and Inclusive Philanthropy
International Grantmakers Network