This year has laid bare the truth and consequences of leadership in all forms, interpreted in many different ways. What do we mean when we talk about leadership? And what sort of leadership do we need right now? In this year of existential issues—a growing imperative to achieve racial equity, coping with a global pandemic, addressing an emerging recession, and perhaps the most consequential U.S. presidential election of our lifetimes—we need leaders who can bring us together to achieve true systems change.
The Exchange 2020 offers funders of all stripes and leaders from the nonprofit, corporate, and public sectors two full days of thought-provoking and inspiring conversations and tangible solutions that consider unifying leadership as a key that will help us unlock doorways to addressing a series of critical challenges.
- Racial inequity
- Philanthropy’s moment of truth – how can the field act now to transform society?
- The future of capitalism
- Health and climate change – a global threat
- Recovery, resilience, and transformation in the wake of COVID-19
- Equitable financing of education, economic development and health
- Fred Brown, President and CEO, The Forbes Funds
- Mandell Crawley, Head of Private Wealth Management, Morgan Stanley
- David Erickson, Senior Vice President and Head of Outreach and Education, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Beth Ford, Chief Executive Officer, Land O'Lakes, Inc
- Angela Glover Blackwell, Founder in Residence, PolicyLink
- Rosanne Haggerty, Founder, Community Solutions
- Carla Javits, President and CEO, REDF
- Gara LaMarche, President, Democracy Alliance
- Ndaba Mandela, Founder and Chairman, Mandela Institute for Humanity
- Michael McAfee, President and CEO, PolicyLink
- Judy Munroe, President and CEO, CDC Foundation
- Tyler Norris, Chief Executive, Well Being Trust
- Bill Peduto, Mayor, City of Pittsburg
- Monte Roulier, Co-Founder, Community Commons, and Co-Founder and President, Community Initiatives
- Somava Saha, Founder and Executive Lead, WE in the World
- Libby Schaaf, Mayor, City of Oakland
- Kerry Sullivan, President, Bank of America Charitable Foundation
- Mark Suzman, Chief Executive Officer, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Michael Tubbs, Mayor, City of Stockton
- Edgar Villanueva, The Decolonizing Wealth Project
- Darren Walker, President, The Ford Foundation
- List of Speakers in formation
Foundation officers, philanthropists, corporate executives, trustees, wealth managers and philanthropy advisors interested in learning about innovative methods to support high-impact nonprofits in education, youth development, poverty alleviation, health and impact investing.
Space is limited. We encourage you to register soon.
Members only: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please click on the link above. Philanthropy New York members will receive a registration discount. To take advantage of this discount, please use promo code Exchange2020-PNY.
Any questions should be sent to TheExchange@growthphilanthropy.org.