MIssed this session? View recording here.
As in many places in the United States, economic, social and environmental degradation in Puerto Rico disproportionally affects the island's most vulnerable populations. Investments that build community and ecological resiliance can be key to ensuring that all Puerto Ricans benefit equally. Learn about updates on philanthropic support and collaborations underway in San Juan and around the island. Our distinguished panel will offer fresh thinking to systemic challenges and new models that may be applicable to other cities and regions in the U.S.
Join us for this follow-up session to the funder learning tour that took place last fall in Puerto Rico and part of a series of conversations that will be planned in the coming year.
*Please note participation with the learning tour is not required to attend this session.*
- Olivia Armenta, Associate Director and Relationship Manager for San Juan, 100 Resilient Cities - Pioneered by the Rockefeller Foundation
- Elizabeth Guernsey, Program Officer, Open Society Foundation
- Larry Shapiro, Associate Director for Program Development, Rockefeller Family Fund
- Janice Petrovich, Philanthropy Consultant, Fundación Ángel Ramos
- Leticia Peguero (Moderator), Executive Director, Andrus Family Fund
- Nelson Colón, President, Puerto Rico Community Foundation
- Arturo Garcia-Costas, Program Officer, The New York Community Trust
- Jose Garcia, Program Officer, Surdna Foundation
- Jerry Maldonado, Program Officer, Ford Foundation
All interested funders.
9:00 AM - 9:10 AM Check-in
9:10 AM- 11:15 AM Program
*Breakfast will be provided
Registration is required by April 10th.
Can't attend in person? You can watch the discussion via livestream!
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Organizers:Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.