The Service for Impact Working Group, rooted in the principles of Reimagining Service, provides an opportunity for both corporate grantmakers and corporate volunteer leaders to foster a peer network, share successes and challenges, brainstorm on solutions, and explore new opportunities to make a difference in society while supporting business objectives through volunteerism.
The value of skills-based volunteering (SBV) is becoming increasingly clear, but it can be tough to know which opportunities your company should invest in. Some programs are created to engage individuals, while others are built around teams. Some companies offer done-in-a-day events and others, multi-week programs. Sometimes, it makes sense to provide SBV during one time of the year, and in other cases, offering a year-round program is best for your business. What are the benefits of each approach, and which ones should you pursue? Join us in “speed-dating” style conversations focused on understanding successful SBV models and designing SBV strategies that create both business and community impact.
- The spectrum of SBV strategies and how each can help serve the community while delivering business needs
- Successful SBV programs that maximize engagement and social impact, while driving business value
- The needs of nonprofits and ways to tap into employee skillsets (e.g., finance, operations, technology, HR, marketing)
- How SBV programs can evolve over the years to meet the changing needs of key stakeholders
- Dan Kamins, Director of Employee Engagement and Volunteerism, MetLife, Inc
- Stacy Magdaluyo, Manager, Responsible Business Leadership, PwC US
- Yezenia Ramos, Senior Manager, Employee Engagement, Johnson & Johnson
- Suzane Rhee Brown, Executive Director, Community Affairs and Foundation, Morgan Stanley
- Adam Robinson, Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, Viacom
Corporate funders and CECP-affiliated companies.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in, light breakfast, networking
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by July 10th.
PNY Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
CECP Members: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation and business mailing address to register. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.