How many panels fail to engage the audience? What is the role of the moderator in facilitating a compelling panel discussion?
Embrace the responsibility of great panel moderators: think of moderating a panel like hosting a dinner party! You are the host, and your panelists and the audience are your guests. You are excited that everyone could join you at this party and meet and learn from each other. (And no cooking and clean up required!)
- How to best prepare your panelists and plan for your role as moderator
- How to joyfully welcome your panelists – and your audience
- The art of sincere and meaningful introductions
- Encouraging all of your panelists to speak, and enabling all of them to be heard
- The importance of summarization and reflection at the close of the panel
As a result of attending this fun and interactive program, you will have audiences proclaiming yours to be “the best panel of the whole conference!”
- Thaler Pekar, CEO, Thaler Pekar & Partners
Experienced moderators of Philanthropy New York programs and staff who are interested in moderatoring future panels at Philanthropy New York or other conferences.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by December 6th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)