**This program is hosted by our partner, Funders Together To End Homelessness, who has extended an invitation to PNY members.
As Funders Together and our network work toward housing justice as our north star, we must figure out we transform, not just reform the policies and systems that prevent people from having stable and safe housing. In this webinar, we will hear how Funders Together member the Butler Family Fund has shifted their strategy and focus toward policy and advocacy and grassroots organizing to break the cycle between the criminal legal system and homelessness.
We will also be joined by Austin Justice Coalition and Action Center on Race & The Economy, two community partners who work at the intersection of racial and economic justice. They will discuss how philanthropy can resource and partner in the transition away from broken systems, such as our current criminal-legal system, into transformative housing solutions.
This webinar is the second in a series highlighting how our members across the country are grappling with difficult juxtapositions between supporting immediate policy reform while co-creating a more visionary, liberated future.
What will you learn?
During this webinar we will:
- Share how organizations can find their voice and place in policy work (regardless of how large or small their organization is)
- Explore how funders can nurture more balanced relationships with their grantees
- Understand the supports and shifts required from a movement leader’s lens
- Define strategies funders should consider to shift power within and outside of their organizations
- Saqib Bhatti, Co-Founder & Co-Executive Director, Action Center On Race & The Economy (ACRE)
- Chas Moore, Executive Director, Austin Justice Coalition
- João Paulo M. Connolly, Organizing Director, Austin Justice Coalition
- Molly Schultz Hafid, Executive Director, Butler Family Fund
- Tia Smith (Moderator), Director of Membership & Programs, Funders Together to End Homelessness
Who should attend?
All interested funders. Please note that participation in this Funders Together To End Homelessness webinar is limited to private funders, including foundations, United Ways, corporate giving programs, individual philanthropists, and philanthropy serving organizations (PSOs).
How do you sign up?
Registration is required by March 27th. Registrants will receive log-in details a day before the program.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
In Collaboration With